Free Video ChatThere are a lot of different Video Chats available in Google. Unfortunately most of them are not free. I think there should be more free software available so I developed this solution for you. Freedevelopment.net Video chat is based on red5 server. The client is written in flex.
Features of chat
- 2 way video
- 2 way sound
- 2 way chatting
Requirements for using chat
How to install video chat
- Download the archive with the chat.
- Copy the directory from freedevelopment_net_videochat to your red5 webapps. If your red5 server is located here /usr/local/red5 then freedevelopment_net_videochat should go to /usr/local/red5/webapps
- Restart your red5 or reboot the system.
- There is a directory html in the archive file. It contain user1.html, user2.html and some other files. If your red5 server is not running at localhost you need to modify the source code for user1.html and user2.html. Find the line "flashvars.ch_url = 'rtmp://localhost/freedevelopment_net_videochat';" and replace localhost to you server IP or domain name. If you are using localhost do not modify the files.
- Upload the folder html to your server.
Source code for that free video chat is not available. If you need to customize it feel free to contact me.
DemoThere are 2 rooms for video chat. You need to open both rooms to see how it's working. Since other users may use/test it now you may see them instead of yourself :)
Video chat Room 1
Video chat Room 2
Demo server is provided by KJ Superstar Online Karaoke
Common tags: Custom video chat, red5 developer individual, PHP 5.3 and MySQL programmer. Ruby on Rails (ROR) developer, hire.